The Memorial Chapel is a souvenir of the third church which welcomed pilgrims from 1676 to 1876.
The chapel was built in 1878 on the foundation of the transept of the third church (1676-1876).
The material, the decor and the steeple were all retrieved from the old church and incorporated into the construction of the Memorial Chapel. A rooster weather vane, a symbol of Peter’s denial as a follower of Christ, pivots on top of the steeple.
The adjacent cemetery was where parishioners were buried until 1930.